This post is all about what men want in a woman.
We surveyed a large handful of men and asked them deep and honest questions about what they truly desired in a woman they can marry… And we’re going to share their answers! Some of their answers are shocking and some are super sweet (and will even make you say “awwwww.”)
As a young wife who’s only been married a few short years, I can remember my single days like it was yesterday! I remember wondering what guys want in a woman… And better yet, what do Christian men want in a woman?
So I’m super excited to give you this insight, so that hopefully it’ll help you understand what guys want in a woman who they can marry and create a beautiful future with. 🙂
??LISTEN TO OUR PODCAST ABOUT WHAT MEN WANT IN A WOMAN??
What Do Guys Look for in a Woman They Want to Marry?
First, I think it’s super important to note that you shouldn’t try to change yourself for a man. If you have changes you’d like to make in yourself, in order to grow, then change for YOU and for the Lord. And then, a Godly man will just get to reap the benefits. 🙂
We asked a variety of men (all Christian men, some married and some unmarried) exactly what they want(ed) in a wife and some of their answers will surprise you.
Here are the questions we asked men about what they want in a woman they can marry, along with their answers:
QUESTION 1: What is the most important quality you look(ed) for in a wife?
REAL MEN’S ANSWERS:
- “Compatible callings.”
- “A sense of togetherness in whatever is going on in life.”
- “The feeling that you’re on the same page and can actively walk through life together.”
- “Someone who’s family oriented.”
- “Trust: The biggest question I ask myself if I’m serious about a woman is “could I trust her with my children?” And it’s not so much trusting her with the natural needs of a child, which are important, but I really ask myself “can I trust her to pass on God’s Truth to things under her care?”
- “Someone who is genuine and real… If they can just be themself and allow me to be myself.”
- “Someone who loves me as fiercely as I love them.”
- “The ability to bring out each other’s true potential and trust each other to work as a team to overcome struggles from the past, present, or future.”
- “They need to be a Christian.”
- “No bullcrap… No playing stupid games.”
QUESTION 2: What is something that is unattractive to you that a woman may think is attractive?
REAL MEN’S ANSWERS:
- “Playing hard to get.”
- “Flirting for fun.”
- “Thinking they have to look perfect and all put together to impress a guy… The right person will love you for who you really are.”
- “Some women think tons of makeup does it for guys… For me, I’d rather have the dressed-down version. T-shirt, sweats, no makeup, that kind of thing. However, I’m understanding that some women love to get dolled up and I completely respect that, but will never expect that from my wife.”
- “Women openly admiring other men.”
- “People pleasing… The way you are or the way you act are unique for a reason. Changing those things to fit in with a person, crowd, or society is unattractive to me. Be proud of who you are.”
- “When a woman is hungry but is afraid to eat in front of a man… SCARF IT DOWN GURRRL!”
QUESTION 3: Are there any other last qualities you want(ed) your wife to have?
REAL MEN’S ANSWERS:
- “Must be on the same page with your spouse when it comes to faith, morals, and raising children. These are all conversations that should be had before you get too far in a relationship.”
- “It needs to be understand that you will more than likely be the complete opposite of your spouse in how you act to whatever life throws at you… It is designed this way so you can balance out each others’ weaknesses.”
- “A quality I think is really cool in a potential wife is confidence. Someone who’s confident in their individuality despite the crowd is someone who I can trust to keep it real with me no matter what.”
- “Cares about her personal health.”
- “I had to be able to dance with her with my eyes closed on any dance floor… When you dance with someone, one leads and one follows. but both have to watch out for each other so they don’t have to bump into someone or something… If you were dancing and I’m able to close my eyes and fully trust that you got me, that seals the deal. I’ve never been able to do that until I found my wife. Dancing in a Latin culture is like love making… Everyone can do it but there’s one person that will completely change the experience for you.”
Be sure and listen to our podcast episode for so much more insight on what guys want in a woman.