This post is full of a list of fitness goals to inspire you!
Are you looking for smart fitness goals examples to help you decide what you should be working toward? If so, look no further! This post is full of fitness goals for women or men, so you can narrow down exactly what you’re trying to accomplish!
As a NASM Personal Trainer and athlete myself, I know how important it is to set health and fitness goals. Doing so help keep you disciplined and on track.
If you know what you’re working for, it’s a lot easier to hold yourself accountable to doing the work consistently.
Enjoy this list of fitness goals.
This post contains affiliate links. You can read our full disclaimer here.
Shop the pic: Purple sports bra | Booty shorts | Hex dumbbells | Garmin VivoSmart Watch
List of Fitness Goals and Tips
How Do You Set Personal Fitness Goals?
First off, it’s important to know this:
A goal is measurable.
Simply saying “my goal is to lose weight” isn’t actually a goal. That’s just something you wish would happen.
In order to make your goal measurable, you need to pick an exact number for the goal and a deadline date.
That brings me to my second point:
A goal has a cut-off date.
A goal has an action plan to back it up.
Without a plan, it is impossible to hit the goal.
Plan your work, and then work your plan.
In order to create your own personal fitness plan, you need to decide on your goals (which I’ll help you do in the next sections) and then work backwards from there:
- Decide on your measurable goal.
- Decide on the date in which you want to accomplish your goal by.
- Determine how many weeks/months/years you have to hit the goal. And then determine exactly what needs to happen each week/month/year in order to get there on time.
With all of this being said, a goal could be measurable in the sense of you showing up and DOING something X amount of times by X date. It doesn’t have to be something you can visibly see. The goal can actually BE the plan. Make sense? ☺️
Also Read: How to Get Out of a Fitness Slump (5 Practical Ways That Actually Work)
What Are the Most Common Fitness Goals?
First, it’s important to remember that fitness is not a one-size-fits-all and you don’t need to focus on what others’ goals are… You simply need to find what goals will make you feel accomplished, and work hard toward those!
However, it’s totally understandable to get some ideas from others!
Some of the most common fitness goals are things like:
- Lose X pounds or % of body fat by X date
- The ability to do X amount of push-ups, pull-ups, or any other movements
- Fit into a certain dress/pants/outfit by a certain date
- Gain X amount of muscle by X date
- The ability to complete X workout in X amount of time by X date
- The ability to reach full range of motion in X stretch by X date
What Are Some Smart Fitness Goals?
Wondering what are some fitness goals you could be striving for? The lists in the below sections will help you decide exactly what’s the best for you!
You may choose more than one fitness goal, but just remember it would be much better to actually hit one goal, than to overshoot for 3-5 goals and not end up hitting any of them because you overcommitted yourself.
List of Fitness Goals Examples for Beginners
- Do an unassisted pull-up by X date. (Or X amount of pull-ups.)
- Do a pistol squat by X date. (Or X amount of pistols squats.)
- Do a full push-up from your feet by X date. (Or X amount of push-ups.)
- Track (and hit) your macros every single day for 90 days.
- Complete 15 minutes of strength training 3 times a week for 3 months.
- Attend CrossFit 3 times a week for 3 months.
- Run a 5k this year.
- Run a half marathon this year.
- Do a Spartan Race this year.
- Bring your BMI down 5% by the end of the year.
- Do 50 consecutive sit-ups by the end of the year.
- Reach full range of motion in X stretch by the end of the year. (Like the splits or a pike.)
- Do a boxing class 2 times a week for 6 months.
- Fit into your pre-pregnancy jeans by X date.
- Fit into your old swimsuit by X date.
- Complete 10,000 steps per day every day for 90 days.
- Drink a gallon of eater per day every day for 6 months.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep every night for 90 days.
- Spend 5 minutes stretching each morning for 90 days.
List of Short Term Fitness Goals
- Go on a 30 minute walk every morning for 30 days.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep every night for 30 days.
- Spend 5 minutes stretching each morning for 30 days.
- Spend 5 minutes doing stretches after your workout each day for 30 days.
- Complete 10,000 steps per day every day for 30 days.
- Drink one gallon of water every day for 30 days.
- Track (and hit) your macros every day for 30 days.
- Complete 20 minutes of strength training 3 times a week for 30 days.
- Attend CrossFit 5 times a week for 30 days.
- Bring your BMI down 1% in 30 days.
- Do 10 consecutive sit-ups within 30 days.
- Do 5 consecutive unassisted pull-ups within 30 days.
List of Fitness Goals Examples for Students and Busy People
- Meal prep your meals each Sunday for the entire semester.
- Walk 10,000 steps around campus each day.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator every day for one month.
- Stretch for 10 minutes per morning for 30 days.
- Bike to work or school every day for 30 days.
- Only consume alcohol once a week for 3 months.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night for 90 days.
- Do 15 minutes of abs each morning 4X a week for 90 days.
List of Fitness Goals Examples for CrossFitters
Y’all know CrossFitters are crazy.🤪 So we get our own category of goals LOL… Here is an entire CrossFit goals list that is full of goal ideas specifically for CrossFitters!
What Are Some Wellness Goals?
Some wellness goals (that aren’t specifically fitness goals) could include things like:
- Doing one thing each week that makes you feel relaxed.
- Having a self care Sunday every week for 3 months.
- Read 10 pages of a book per day for 1 month.
- Have sexy time with your husband 3 times a week for a month.
- Give yourself a compliment each morning when you look in the mirror, for a month.
- Chat with your therapist once a week for the entire year.
SHOP THE POST:
These sports bras come in a pack of 4 for a dang good price! I love how simple and comfortable they are, and you can mix and match them with SO many different types of tanks!
These booty shorts are perfect if you like the fitted style, but don’t want them to be too short! I love that you can workout in these without worrying about anything hanging out.
These hex dumbbells are the ONLY dumbbells I ever recommend. They are extremely durable, last forever, and are perfect for all styles of workouts.
I absolutely LOVE my Garmin VivoSmart! Personally, I never wanted an Apple Watch because I didn’t want to feel constantly connected to my phone.. All I wanted was a watch that tracked my heart rate, daily steps, and told me the time…
This watch does all of those things plus a few other simple features to help you hit your fitness goals!
This post was a list of fitness goals!
Leave a Reply