This post is all about the best one-pan recipe with black beans and corn!
This Mexican-style dish is extremely nutritious, full of protein, and will satisfy your Mexican craving!
As an avid black bean lover, this is by far one of the best (and easiest) black beans and corn recipes I’ve ever had!
Oftentimes these ingredients are served in a cold black beans and corn salsa, but I’m LOVING these black beans and corn warm with the other added ingredients!
Enjoy this delicious recipe with black beans and corn.
This post contains affiliate links. You can read our full disclaimer here.
Best Black Beans and Corn Dinner Recipe
The below ingredients yield 4 servings of this black beans and corn dish!
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1 can organic super sweet corn
- 1 can original Rotel
- 1 packet original taco seasoning
- 1 medium avocado
- 4 cups fresh raw spinach
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 4 tbsp. sour cream
- Spray olive oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1 package extra-firm tofu OR protein source of your choice
- Suggested Options: 1 lb. ground chicken or 1 lb. lean ground beef
You’ll also need a large pan. I use my wok for this recipe and it works perfectly because it allows me so much room to toss and turn the ingredients around!
- Spray your pan with oil and turn it on medium-high heat.
- If using tofu as your protein source, squeeze some of the water out of it over the sink and throw it in the pan. If using ground chicken or beef, go ahead and add them to the pan.
- Add about half your packet of taco seasoning to the pan, stirring into your protein source while cooking on medium-high heat until protein source is cooked through/no longer pink.
- Add your rotel to the pan.
- Strain your corn and black beans, rinse. Then add to the pan.
- Add the rest of the Taco Seasoning packet and continue to cook on medium-high, stirring all the ingredients together.
- Once the items are blended, fold in your spinach and let it wilt.
- Add in the cheese and let it melt. That’s it! You’re done cooking!
- Serve or divide into meal prep containers (the macros below account for this being divided into 4 servings.)
- Add 1/4 avocado and 1 tbsp. sour cream on top of each serving as you are ready to eat it!
MACROS (PER SERVING):
With 1 package of tofu:
- Calories: 515
- Carbs: 42g.
- Fat: 24g.
- Protein: 28.5g.
With 1lb. ground chicken:
- Calories: 584.5
- Carbs: 38.3g.
- Fat: 29.8g.
- Protein: 38.3g.
With 1lb. lean ground beef:
- Calories: 583
- Carbs: 38.3g.
- Fat: 28.3g.
- Protein: 41g.
What to Add to Black Beans for Taste
Adding taco seasoning to black beans is always delicious! If you don’t have a packet of mixed taco seasoning, you can easily make your own! All you need is cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Are Black Beans Good Right Out of the Can?
Black beans are fine to eat right out of the can because they’re partially cooked and safe to eat. However, they are much tastier if you heat them up in a skillet and add a little seasoning!
What Pairs Well With Black Beans?
This recipe pairs black beans and corn, rotel, mixed cheese, and your favorite protein source. And it is absolutely delicious!
Should You Rinse Canned Corn?
Yes, rinsing canned corn will help remove a good amount of the unnecessary sodium.
Is it Okay to Eat Canned Corn Straight From the Can?
Yep! Canned corn is fully cooked, so you can eat it from the can. However, it is much tastier if you fry it a bit in a skillet with some seasoning.
This was the best one-pan recipe with black beans and corn!
Leave a Reply