This post is full of Bible verses about staying strong!
Are you needing a dose of strength from the Word of God to help you get through something really challenging? Are you wondering what does God say about staying strong? If so, I’m so glad you’re here because there is no better form of strength than the strength that comes from the Lord!
When you feel weak, one of the most powerful things you can do is declare scripture out loud over yourself. The devil is trying to break you down, and (since he can’t hear your thoughts) you need to verbally let him hear the TRUTH that God declares over you.
Fight back with the Word of God, just like we see Jesus did.
Read and pray these scriptures aloud over yourself and choose to trust that God is going to get you through!
Below are the best Bible verses about staying strong that have helped me personally overcome severe depression, anxiety, and some of the most challenging trials of my life. I know they’re going to encourage you, big time!
Enjoy these Bible verses about staying strong.
Bible Verses About Staying Strong
Bible Verses About Staying Strong Through Hard Times
When times are tough, it’s important to remember that the same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead lives inside of you! Even though life can be very challenging, with God, you truly can get through anything.
- Philippians 4:13 — “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”
- John 16:33 — “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
- Psalm 46:1 — “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.”
- Psalm 12:1-2 — “I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.”
- Jeremiah 29:11 — “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- Habakkuk 3:19 — “The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.”
- Psalm 29:11 — “The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.”
Bible Verses for Strength and Courage
I love that the Bible makes it so clear that strength and courage go hand in hand. As God provides us with courage and we persevere, strength is created naturally!
Be strengthened by the Bible verses about encouragement below, and also say this prayer for not giving up any time you can’t find the words to pray!
- Isaiah 41:10 — “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- Joshua 1:9 — “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Ephesians 6:10 — “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.”
- Deuteronomy 31:6 — “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3 — “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.”
- Isaiah 12:2 — “Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.”
- Psalm 27:1 — “The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?”
Bible Verses for Strength and Love
As Christians, we do not have to walk as the world walks. In trial, we can still be filled with strength and even love because of the Holy Spirit living in us.
- Psalm 73:26 — “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
- Proverbs 31:25 — “She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.”
- Psalm 28:7 — “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him.”
- Psalm 18:1 — “For the choir director. A Psalm of David the servant of the Lord, who spoke to the Lord the words of this song in the day that the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. And he said, ‘I love You, O Lord, my strength.’”
- Mark 12:30 — “And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.”
Bible Verses About Staying Strong After a Death
If you’ve recently lost a loved one, it’s important and healthy for you to take the time to grieve. However, as you begin to heal, find encouragement in these Bible verses about staying strong.
- 1 Peter 5:10 — “And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.”
- Nehemiah 8:10 — “Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
- Isaiah 40:29 — “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.”
- Isaiah 40:31 — “but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
Bible Verses About Staying Strong in Faith
The wonderful thing about faith is that even when we don’t feel it, we can still choose it. Faith is not necessarily a feeling, but rather, it is a choice.
You can choose to tell God you believe Him, even when you don’t feel it… As you do this, He will build your faith more and more!
- Philippians 4:6-7 — “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
- Proverbs 3:5-6 — “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.”
- 1 Corinthians 16:13 — “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.”
- Exodus 15:2 — “The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise him—my father’s God, and I will exalt him.”
- 1 Chronicles 16:11 — “Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.”
- Psalm 46:1 — “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Which Psalm Says the Lord is My Strength?
Psalm 28:7 — “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.”
Also, this verse isn’t a Psalm, but it says something similar:
Exodus 15:2 — “The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise him—my father’s God, and I will exalt him.”
What is the Most Comforting Scripture?
Isaiah 41:10 is an extremely comforting scripture: “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
The reason I personally find it so comforting is because of the words “righteous right hand.” It just makes me think about how big God is, and helps create a visual of Him literally reaching down His strong hand from Heaven and taking control of everything I’m worried about.
This post was all about Bible verses about staying strong.