This post is all about active lifestyle ideas!
Are you wanting to start incorporating some simple active lifestyle activities into your everyday life so that you feel better, and can even shed unwanted body fat (in a super simple way?) If so, I’ve got you covered in this post!
As someone who used to be pretty sedentary, and then finally decided she was ready to live an active healthy lifestyle (and is now in the best shape of her life!), I can remember those feelings of just wanting some enjoyable ways to incorporate movement, without it being a full-blown workout!
So in this post, I’m going to share with you my top active lifestyle ideas, 10 ways to stay active, and several different active lifestyle benefits to push you when you have the urge to be lazy!
I hope you enjoy this post all about active lifestyle ideas!
This post contains affiliate links. You can read our full disclaimer here.
Shop the post: Black leggings | Pink dog harness | Women’s Nikes
What is a Healthy Active Lifestyle?
What is an Example of an Active Lifestyle?
An active lifestyle simply means that you move your body often in your everyday life! This can be in the form of intentional workouts such as cardio or strength training, but it can also be done through active hobbies you enjoy in your free time, sports, or even gentle recreational activities!
An active lifestyle example would be someone who either has a job where they’re moving around a lot (such as a yard worker or a restaurant server) or someone who is intentional about getting activity in every single day!
What Are Some Lifestyle Activities?
Some lifestyle activities that get you moving are things like performing household chores, playing with your kids, taking care of pets, washing your vehicle, and more! Below, I’ll provide a list of 10 ways to stay active.
Active Lifestyle Ideas and Tips
10 Ways to Stay Active Everyday
Try incorporating some of these active lifestyle ideas into your regular routines, and watch your energy levels rise, extra body fat fall off, and strength start increasing in your body!
1. Take the stairs.
This is such a simple healthy lifestyle habit to get into, that will make the biggest difference!
2. Park farther back in the parking lot.
Not only are you being a kind human by freeing up some space for less physically capable people up front, but the extra steps and calories you burn by doing this regularly will seriously add up!
3. Have a morning/nightly house clean-up routine.
Besides the fact that you’ll feel better just by having a clean and tidy home, having a routine that gets you moving even the slightest bit each morning or right before bed to pick up your home will make such a difference!
4. Go on a morning prayer walk.
Your mental health will seriously thank you for this! Make it a part of your everyday routine to go on a morning walk first thing… Pray and ask God for direction during your day, and clear your mind!
Also, say some prayers for your healthy lifestyle and ask God to assist!
ALSO READ: 13 Healthy Living Bible Verses to Inspire You
5. Fit in short at-home workouts.
Sometimes trying to plan to go to the gym just isn’t feasible for busy people. If this sounds like you, make it a part of your daily routine to do short workouts from home, that way you never have an excuse not to move!
6. Use a fitness tracker watch.
Simply wearing a fitness tracker will help you be more conscious of how much activity (or lack of activity) you’re getting each day!
Strive for 10,000 steps per day and you will see a HUUUUUUGE difference in your overall health!
7. Get a pet.
Okay, obviously only do this if you’ve been considering it for a while! (Please don’t impulse buy a pet.😬) But, really… having a pet to take care of can be a seriously good way to get more activity in your day-to-day.
8. Take pride in your yard.
Not only will doing yard work give you a sense of accomplishment, but it’ll also give you a super simple way to stay active on a regular basis!
Try taking up gardening. (I started this this year and it’s been so rewarding!)
9. Sexy time.
Yep, I said it! 😉 If you’re married, this is certainly something to start incorporating regularly…. Not only is it God’s design for your marriage, but sex is one of the only things on the planet that is both good for you and FREE!
Go do it, to it. 💃🏽
10. Find an active hobby you love!
I always say “do what moves you.” If you enjoy it, you’re more likely to do it often! So, whether it’s tennis, riding a bike, disc golf, or rollerblading… Find something that makes you smile, and have fun with it! Remember: Don’t take yourself (or life) too seriously. ☺️
What Are Fun Ways to Exercise?
Try any of these active lifestyle ideas for a way to have fun and truly enjoy yourself while moving your body!
- Power walking
- Hiking/exploring/site seeing
- Volunteering at a local church/charity
- Rock climbing
- Dance classes
- Jiu jitsu/karate
- Kayaking/paddle boarding
- Water ski
- Join a soccer team
- Restore furniture
- Outdoor games
- Throw a ball with your spouse/kid
Active Lifestyle Benefits
What Are 15 Benefits of Having an Active Lifestyle?
There are honestly countless benefits of living an active lifestyle! But, here, I’m going to give you the top 15 benefits of having an active lifestyle that you’ll probably notice.
1. More energy!
2. Healthier heart. — Reduced risk of heart attack and heart disease, which is a leading cause of death.
3. Weight management. — You will keep body fat off more easily.
4. Lower blood pressure.
5. More strength. — Muscle gain and stronger bones.
6. You’ll function better when you’re older. — What you do when you’re young majorly affects your abilities when you’re older.
7. You’ll be happier! 😄 — Physical activity creates serotonin and endorphins in your brain, which both make you feel happy!
8. Lower risk of type 2 diabetes and some cancers.
9. Increased sense of confidence, accomplishment, and self worth. — You’re going to feel so much better about yourself, all around!
10. Lower stress levels.
11. Decreased anxiety.
12. You’ll breathe better. — And won’t get “out of breath” as quickly or as easily.
13. More stability. — Your core will be stronger and your balance will be better.
14. Better sleep quality. — When you sleep better, life is better all around.
15. Better overall quality of life! — Because you’re going to feel better, your entire quality of life is going to skyrocket! Seriously… being active means every are of your life will be better; physically, spiritually, relationally, emotionally, and mentally!
(Feel free to screenshot this importance of an active lifestyle infographic!)
How to Be Active All Day at Home
How Can I Stay Active at Home?
1. Do home workouts. — The workouts in the group coaching program I linked are done in under 30 minutes per day and all you need is a set of dumbbells!
2. Walk while on the phone. — If you have an at-home job where you are on the phone a lot, instead of sitting at your desk, walk and talk!
3. Get a stand-up desk. — This desk moves up and down so you can stand some during the day.
4. Have regular cleaning routines. — Sweeping, vacuuming, and scrubbing are all forms of physical activity.
5. Do squats while doing laundry.
6. Do calf raises while doing the dishes.
7. Take regular walk breaks outside.
8. Stop and stretch every 20 minutes or so.
9. Get an under-the-desk bicycle. — This thing is seriously freaking awesome! You can spin lightly to help you keep focus while also getting some gentle activity or you can get a full-on workout in. It even connects to your phone to track your activity.
10. Every time you get up for coffee or water, do “X” amount of squats, push-ups, or jumping jacks!
I hope these active lifestyle ideas helped you! Please comment below if you have any questions! You can also message me on Instagram and I’m happy to chat with you!
Leave a Reply